If you love apricots, you may want to enjoy them all year long. We at DLJ produce want you to enjoy this low sugar apricot jam recipe so you can enjoy them throughout the year.
Apricot Jam Ingredients
The recipe only requires 4 ingredients and takes less than an hour to complete. Have children at home? Ask them to join in for this family fun activity they’ll love.
We will be sharing a low sugar apricot jam recipe, so if you prefer your jam sweeter, simply add more sugar.
- 2 lb Apricots (1kg)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar (200g)
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed (60ml)
- ½ cup Water (125ml)
Preparing your apricots
Start off by rinsing your apricots under running water. This jam recipe includes the skin, so make sure the rinsing process is thorough. Dry them or ask the kids to dry them individually and set aside.
- Cut the apricots in half and get rid of the stones. (another step the kids can do)
- Add all the cut apricots in a large pot with a wide bottom
- Add water and cook them on medium-high heat until they become mushy
- Once they become mushy, lower the heat and make sure to stir them regularly so they don’t stick to the bottom and burn.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice to the mushy apricot mixture.
Continue to stir for 30 to 45 minutes in order for the jam to thicken. On low heat, you don’t need to stir consistently, but we recommend you do stir them from time to time, no one likes to end up with burnt jam.
Preparing Apricot Jam Jars
Make sure all the jars are clean and dry. When the mixture is thickened, pour them into the jar and cover them immediately with lids. Turn them upside down and let them cool down completely at room temperature.
To make sure the jars are properly sealed, turn them back up and press each lid down. If the lid doesn’t pop, the jar is perfectly sealed. If it pops, leave the jar upside down and try again later.
Additional Apricot Jam Tips
- The amount of jam you end up with will be based on how long you cook and thicken the jam.
- Stop cooking earlier if you want a jam that’s less in thickness.
- Apricot jam that’s low in sugar will make a great glaze for other desserts such as cookies or cakes.
- Make jam in small batches or larger batches to gift it around the holidays.
DLJ Produce is home to the finest, freshest produce on the market. Our team hopes you enjoy this family-friendly recipe and tasty treat. Whether you want to attempt to make jam at home or not, these fruits are delicious and great for your overall health. Once you give this recipe a try, send us a message and let us know how it turned out.